Friday, January 22, 2016

In Patagonia

Many years ago, my roommates made me a gift of Bruce Chatwin's book In Patagonia. The book itself is fantastic. Worth reading and rereading. And it made me want to go to Patagonia someday.

Last year, our kids, who were working and studying in Buenos Aires, invited me to come join them for a week of hiking and exploring in Patagonia. I jumped at the chance, and I was not disappointed with either Patagonia or with Buenos Aires.

Panoramic view of El Chaltén, Patagonia. Image from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Chalt%C3%A9n#/media/File:El_Chalt%C3%A9n,_panoramic_view.jpg
El Chaltén, Patagonia
My only regret is that we did not have clear enough weather to see the peaks looming right behind the village of El Chaltén. The panoramic view above shows what we missed (click on it for the full-sized image). We'll just have to go back.

No comments: